WAFW is committed to the advancement and acceleration of women’s leadership worldwide. By promoting gender equality and empowering women, we encourage women to take a stand for themselves and other women. We advocate for women to pursue their dreams and achieve equality in their home, community, and work place. The activities include:
• STAND UP, TAKE ACTION, MAKE NOISE – an activity originally initiated by the United Nations to bring awareness to the Sustainable Development Goals. This event takes place each fall on Sias campus. Academy members organize a parade and march through campus speaking out about the UN Sustainable Development/Sustainability Goals. Students advocate and raise awareness for all of these social issues.
• LEAN IN promotes gender equality, giving women the opportunity to share their experience and help each other pursue happiness and success in life.
• Students interview WAFW facilitators and invite them to share their unique personal and professional experiences. These interviews are recorded then published on our website and posted on social media.
• We invite women from all walks of life and different backgrounds to participate in our annual Women’s Symposium and share their experiences.
• We partner with the International Women’s Academy in finding women’s voices in Henan and in China. We put these voices together with the voices of women from different countries in international clubs around the world.
These activities inspire and encourage women to find their voice and make choice in their lives.